From time to time, someone will post a story about pet peeves; I haven't seen one in a while, so...i'll pick up the slack so to speak... Most of my irritants are from driving. Yea, I am that guy that always obeys all the traffic laws, (yes, really), so when I see someone driving like a jackass, it gets me going.
1) Tailgaters: Look, riding my ass isn't going to "encourage" me to get over. Besides, if I am doing the speed limit, and I am NOT in the fast lane, GO AROUND!!!! Also, if I am going 70 on the freeway.....6 feet from my bumper is NOT a safe following distance.
2) Cutting people off: A few months back, I was coming home on the freeway, there was NO one behind me for at least 3/4 of a mile, (it was late at night). I was following a truck and I was in the right lane coming up on my exit. In my mirror, I see a car coming up fairly quickly, in the fast lane. So, literally, 300 feet from the exit, the person in the car slams on thier brakes, hits the turn signal to get between me and the truck. WTF??!!!! The 3/4 of a mile of empty road behind me wasn't good enough? You have to try to force me to hit the brakes to let you in between me and the truck? So what....you can get to the exit a fraction of a second before me? I didn't let them in, and I could see them waving thier hands, flipping me off, yelling...like it was all my fault???
3) Use your damn turn signal!
4) Oregon and BC drivers: I live in Washington, Oregon drivers come up here all the time to take advantage of shopping discounts, (Oregon has no state sales tax, so they come up here, show their ID, and get it minus the sales tax, big discounts) the problem is that the speed limit in most of Oregon is 60, (I believe). Well, they hit the Washington state line and it's 70 from the state line to Centralia, (about 75 miles). Problem is that the majority of them seem to think that it's 90, not 70. It gets old seeing the freeway used as their own personal race track. I drive the freeway every day to and from work, and most drivers do about the speed limit, or a little over; it never fails that when I see someone really blasting down the freeway, they almost always have Oregon plates. BC drivers? Even worse.
5) Hotels: I don't use hotels much, but a friend of mine works in one and she told me something that surprised me. Most hotels are now going to the "check in at 4pm, get out by 11am" thing. For starters, if I am getting a room, I want my 24 hours. Might be a rather simplistic way to view it, but that's how *I* feel about it. But one of the reasons I am told that they do this is to give them time to clean the room...ok, that's fair, but 5 hours? Ok. Also, they get to charge for the room twice. The person in the room paid for a day, they leave at 11, next person comes in, and they pay. So, in theory, over the course of 5 days, they get 6 days of rental costs out of it, (ok, in 6 days they get an extra day, splitting hairs). I dunno, just kinda irritates me a little. For a $40.00 a night room, not that big of a deal....but if the room is $300 a night...well, you can see the benefit.
Ok, I know, sounds like a bitch session, but it really isn't, I suppose I shouldn't say these things piss me off, (ok, well, the cutting me off part does a little), most of the time I just smile and keep on going.
So, I have more pet peeves, but what are yours?